MYAC meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at Gilbert Town Hall (50 E. Civic Center Dr.) in Room 300 from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
The meetings will focus on enhancing your leadership skills, knowledge of local government as well as addressing the assigned task for the year. We ask that each student make a commitment to attend and participate.
- August 31 - Deadline for Applications
- September 22 - MYAC Team Building Day*
- October 20 - Regular Meeting**
- November 3 - Regular Meeting
- December 1 - Holiday Party
- December 3 - Youth Town Hall
- January 5 - Regular Meeting
- February 2 - Regular Meeting
- February 25 - Student Government Day
- March 1 - Regular Meeting
- April 5 - Regular Meeting
- April 19 - Mayor's Youth Leadership Summit
- May 3 - Graduation Party
**Note this meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of October to accommodate Fall Break.
All meetings will be held at the Town of Gilbert Municipal Complex (*held at Freestone Recreation Center)
Forms & Applications
MYAC Class of 2015-16 Requirements
- To be eligible for MYAC, youth must live in Gilbert or attend a school in Gilbert and be in 9th-12th grade (14-18 years old).
- Each member must make a minimum nine month commitment to the program (September to May). We encourage participation each school year until graduation.
- MYAC meets on the first Tuesday of each month. Attendance is taken and required. Please see the 2015-2016 calendar for exact dates and times. If you have multiple unexcused absences and/or do not actively participate in the program, you may be removed from the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee.
- Each member must attend at least one council meeting during the school year.
- MYAC is committed to community service. Each student must complete at least 10 hours of community service per school year. If you do not complete your community service, you will not be eligible to graduate and may not be invited back the next year. Opportunities for community service will also be made available.
- Members are expected to participate in Youth Town Hall, Student Government Days and Youth Leadership Summit.
- The Committee may also be asked to assist the Mayor with various assignments. You may be asked to attend meetings or participate in a focus group on various topics. Participation in these events are voluntary.
Special Assistant to the Mayor