When a resident of Gilbert goes on vacation, the Police Department can offer extra patrol to check on your property. The Vacation Watch Program should give you some peace of mind while you're away. Please submit your request at least a week prior to your absence.
Here's how it works:
Complete and submit a Request Vacation Watch online or call the Crime Prevention Unit at (480)503-6527 to complete one.
**NOTE: The Vacation Watch program is not intended for periods of time greater than eight weeks or homes for sale. If you will be gone more than eight weeks, you must re-submit your Vacation Watch at the end of each eight week period. Requests submitted for longer than eight weeks will be patrolled for the first eight weeks only. **
Along with notifying us of your absence, here are a few other safety measures you will want to follow.
- Notify a friend, relative or trusted neighbor that you'll be away and leave emergency phone numbers with them in case they need to reach you.
- Be sure all of your doors, windows and gates are locked when you leave.
- Manually lock your garage door from the inside and disengage your electronic device, this eliminates the possibility of thieves entering with garage door decoders.
- Be sure to stop your mail and your newspaper deliveries or have a friend, relative or trusted neighbor bring it in for you daily.
- Put a couple of indoor lights and your radio on a light timer - this gives the illusion someone is home.
- Arrange for someone to take care of your lawn while you're away.
- Have a Safe and Wonderful Trip.